The Good Earth & SASCU 2018 Update
The Good Earth team is back from our third summer trip to Uganda and we are excited to share all that is happening with SASCU, which consists of the orphanage, Future Hope school and Providence Farm. We continue to focus on ways to help SASCU become a more sustainable ministry through developing and growing Providence Farm. We also had the awesome privilege of spending time at the orphanage and school, playing games and loving on these precious kids. So many blessings.
Thank you for partnering with Good Earth through your purchases, donations and prayers to help orphans and vulnerable children in Uganda. Through local businesses Keeling Company and Doubletree Veterinary Clinic as well as Christ Community Church and YOU, the Good Earth team was able to help SASCU in many ways. Here is a summary:
- Packed up 14 trunks filled with farm supplies, irrigation parts, and the generously donated items such as new shoes, socks, under garments, clothes, school supplies, toiletries, sports balls, jump ropes, toys, stickers, yarn and sweeties for the orphans.
- Brought in a bulldozer to develop 5 acres to build an additional goat pen and to be planted with more beans, corn/ maize and eucalyptus trees.
- Weeded, hoed and planted 2 acres of beans.
- Harvested sweet potatoes and corn/ maize.
- Worked on additional overhead irrigation with supplies donated by Keeling Companies.
- Wormed 93 goats with wormer donated by Cliff Peck at Doubletree Veterinary Clinic.
- Began the construction of a new girl’s dorm, which should be completed within the month.
- Played games, sang songs, read books, jumped a lot of rope and loved on orphans and school kids.
- We joined SASCU staff in their weekly outreach of visiting and serving food in two slum areas, and shared the Jesus film with SASCU and their surrounding community (in their native language, Luganda).
- Bought much needed medical supplies, new mattresses, cups and bowls for the school and orphanage.
Thank you for watching the video of our time in Uganda with SASCU and see how your support is impacting lives daily. We are humbled and blessed to be a part of God’s journey in Uganda and are thankful for your continued support and prayers. Learn more about SASCU at http://sponsorachildinuganda.com/
We invite you to check out our selection of handmade Ugandan jewelry during your next visit; 100% of proceeds goes back to SASCU!