Arkansas Gardening Calendar
- Visit the garden center! Now is a great time to shop for new and exciting plants; be sure to use Good Earth brand Jump Start at planting for best plant establishment.
- This is a good time to plant cool season vegetable garden with broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, onion, potato and spinach. Herbs parsley and cilantro also like these cooler temperatures.
- Trim the old growth off evergreen groundcovers like liriope and mondo grass before the new growth gets too tall.
- Prepare the soil in your landscape beds with soil amendments such as lime and organic material.
- Prune boxwoods, hollies and other evergreen shrubs this month or early April.